I’ve read my whole life, everything, all the time. I love books. I’m addicted to used bookstores. When I’m in someone else’s space I don’t look in their drawers. I look at their bookshelves. Because my reading is eclectic and voluminous, I’ve divided this list into categories for easier browsing. I’ll update regularly, so check back often!
I’ve become an Amazon affiliate on this site, which means I advertise for Amazon by directly linking books, music and DVDs to their website. If you click on a blue link naming a book, etc., a new window will open showing the product. If you buy the product via a link from this site I’ll earn a small commission. I’m actively updating all the blog posts and pages, including my ‘Bookshelves’ page, to reflect this. Thanks for your support!
The Bitch, the Crone and the Harlot by Susan Schachterle. My copy of this came out of a used bookstore. The title made me smile, so I took it home and read it. Now it’s bristling with Post-It tabs and Bookdarts and I wouldn’t be without it. A wonderful book about reclaiming female power in middle age.
Being Wrong by Kathryn Schulz. Prepare to be tickled, challenged and provoked. What if…we’re wrong?
Getting Real by Susan Campbell, Ph.D. Living authentically.
From poet, mystic and philosopher John O’Donohue:
- Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom
- To Bless the Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings
- Beauty: The Invisible Embrace
- Eternal Echoes: Celtic Reflections on Our Yearning to Belong
- Four Elements: Reflections on Nature
- Conamara Blues: Poems
- Echoes of Memory
- Longing and Belonging: The Complete John O’Donohue Audio Collection
From educator and researcher Dr. Elaine Aron:
- The Highly Sensitive Person
- The Highly Sensitive Person’s Survival Guide
- The Highly Sensitive Child
- The Highly Sensitive Person in Love
- The Highly Sensitive Person’s Workbook
- Thrive: The Highly Sensitive Person and Career
An exploration of emotional and physical survival in all its aspects, social, physiological and psychological. A fascinating blend of true stories and science. Absorbing and provocative writing and essays from Laurence Gonzales:
- Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why
- Everyday Survival: Why Smart People Do Stupid Things
- Surviving Survival: The Art and Science of Resilience
- Flight 232: A Story of Disaster and Survival
- House of Pain: New and Selected Essays